Day 1 - January 9th 2011

My lists are all ready to go. I have a breakfast list, a lunch list and a dinner and snacks list. This is going to be easy right?







Breakfast day one is pretty simple. Two scrambled eggs with 1/2 cup sprinkled cheese, 1 slice wheat bread with unsweetened peanut butter and a half cup of grapes.


Baybay
Chito
PS thats wayyy more than a half cup of grapes.

At least chihuahuas like grapes. Well at least one of mine do..





Ok. Lets talk about weight a little bit. Yesterday I was a clear 118.6. Afterwards I didn't really eat too much for dinner, rainbow chocolate chip cookies and 4 strips of bacon.. I chugged the last half gallon of my beloved green tea with honey, went out for a few drinks, came home and chugged water and passed out. This morning I have Day 1's breakfast and Day 1's lunch (yuckie lentils) drink more water (super dehydrated) and use the restroom twice. I weigh myself and to my surprise the scale reads 114.2 WTF. I weigh over and over and over and its the same reading. I'm not wearing more or less clothes than yesterday and I didn't take a 4 pound dump(yup I said it). Minutes later I change my socks and my T shirt (from clean ones to matching derby ones) and bring out my scale to my living room to prove to my boyfriend that the scale is broken. The scale reads 116.0 One I'm confused and two I look like a liar. 
1:30pm
My new t shirt and socks don't weigh more than my last pair and only 10 minutes have lapsed between readings. I would like to open up a discussion about fluctuating weight. I'm sure those of you who are trying to lose weight are experience sudden weight loss and sudden weight gain. This is the first time I've owned a scale so I am not used to incessantly weighing myself. Its probably a bad idea to weigh frequently for a few reasons. As athletes and females we hold water weight, poop weight and our bodies change throughout the month. Although I still don't really understand how my body can change 2-4lbs on a daily basis I think its a good idea not to set my heart on the number on the scale but set my heart on the trends of numbers on the scale. I'm going to keep a close eye on the numbers and chart my weight2-3 times a month. After the 116.0 reading I went to practice. I scrimmaged for an hour, drank 2 bottles of water, went pee twice, had a protein shake, ate my Day 1 dinner (whole wheat pasta with 
10:43pm
ground turkey sauce) and I rested for about 30 minutes. I take out the scale for a reading of 115.8 thats .2 pounds less!!!! I don't get it... I'd love to hear your feedback if you find yourself with the same roller coaster scale.




                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment