Pre RDW Challenge

2010 Season: Its my first real season. I lose my full time job and struggle to work part time to maintain my derby commitment. My goal is to meet the skill level of the skaters in my class. I end the season with the Nuts Best Blocker Award of 2010 (tear).
Pump it up: After the 2010 season I decide that I need to gain muscle
mass. We all know that mass + velocity = painful sweeping hits. I have struggled with weight gain for my whole life. My high school ice hockey team's weight requirement was 120+ which I never met (even after eating cans of peanut butter). I spent my high school years bagging groceries at
Stop and Shop. November 2010 I turn to whey protein powder as a source of gaining healthy lean muscle. I begin a pre and post protein regiment and track my weight (with a chart next to my computer that my co-worker says looks like she made in the 6th grade, thanks Ms. M). November 2010 I weigh 115 pounds. I think my heaviest all time weight was 118lbs pre-injury. Because of my high metabolism and my family history of shaking from lack of food and sugar it is recommended that I eat about 6 meals a day or double the daily amount of carbs to counter the amount of cardio that roller derby requires. The thing about eat 6 meals a day is that your stomach is full ALL THE TIME. I cannot skate on a full stomach due to jammer jitters and just plain glassiness (yup, I don't eat before practice for the sake of you gals who have to skate behind me. Your welcome).

Boston Massacre: Our all star WFTDA team holds tryouts early December. I make the last minute decision to try out. I make the team as an alt (holy shitake mushrooms). It is strongly recommended that I gain 10-15lbs.. I fully understand that if I am able to compete at a national level that I need to be a reasonable and safe weight. My average weight is around an even 100lbs and I stand at 5' even. My extra 15 pounds is great for derby but lets be realistic, those Philly girls are thick. My weight gain goal is primarily out of concern for the safety of my bones but it would be a nice benefit to have some added mass to sweep out medium to large players. 
Goals: I would like to break the 125 mark without sacrificing my speed or agility. I would like to build healthy muscle weight and NOT fatty fat legs. I want to be healthy, strong and athletic so that I may have a chance among the best girls on the track. Lets face it, big slow girls can become fast but fast small girls just can't become big. My next endeavour is to transition from scrappy Speed Metal to holy shit I just owned you Heavy Metal

01/08/11
Current Stats: Speed: 5 lap time: 41.5 seconds - 25 lap time: 3.40 minutes 1st 5: 43.6, 2nd 5: 44.7, 3rd 5: 46.4, 4th 5: 46.9, 5th 5: 47.7 seconds. Goal: To increase lap speed while increasing muscle mass. Current Weight: I went out an bought a scale just for RDWC and my weight is (drum roll please) 118.4lbs, my largest yet!. I bought the scale that looks most like an iPad ( I can dream..) Ok measurement stats: yes I measured my body parts!! 01/06/11 L Bicep: 10 1/4", R Bicep: 10 1/2", L Forearm: 8 3/4", R Forearm 9", L Thigh: 21 3/4", R Thigh 22", L Calf 13 1/4", R Calf 13 3/4", Stomach 27", Hips/butt: 36", Upper Chest (above boobs sternum area) 31", Neck 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment